Governors Bay School is a full primary school with a rapidly growing roll, providing high quality education for learners in Years 1 through 8. Our students predominantly reside in the Lyttelton Harbour Basin.
We aim to develop students who:
● Are literate, numerate and capable of learning through investigation and inquiry
● Are well prepared for their transition to high-school
● Recognise the need to be guardians of each other and their environment
● Are open and sensitive to the needs, values and unique qualities of others
● Have a well developed sense of self worth
● Experience the benefits of being active citizens within their community
● Begin to develop an understanding of how integrated and closely connected our world is
● Experience what it is to be a creative thinker and have opportunities to share their creative ideas and innovations
Parents make a deliberate choice for their child to remain at Governors Bay School for Years 7 and 8 because of the broad range of opportunities available to every student. We offer leadership roles for every Year 8 student, leadership learning for our Year 7 students and extension and enrichment opportunities in response to our students interests.